Happy June 1st!
Is it happy, though? Not sure how I feel about knowing that we’re nearly halfway through 2017! Anyone else feel like time keeps testing how fast it can go with every passing year?
As with the last four months, I’m starting off this one reflecting on the goals I achieved, those I didn’t and what I have to look forward to in June.
I feel like May was far less productive than June, but I still got some things done 🙂
GOALS OF MAY
- Edit Heralding to second draft.
- Finish writing my fairy tale adaptation
- Outline Hollow Vows (sequel to Pirate Eyes) – I had most of this done, but after edits of Pirate Eyes, I have a new idea for the rest of the series.
- Host #FictMAYhem on Twitter/Instagram.I’m really excited to be hosting this again and helping people develop their characters! You’re more than welcome to join us
- Read 5-6 books. This includes Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, which I didn’t get to last month, Nevernight by Jay Kristoff because Sarina convinced me to, and Eon by Alison Goodman.
- Watch 4-5 movies. There are so many great ones coming out this month: Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2, Pirates of the Caribbean (Dead Men Tell no Tales), Everything Everything and King Arthur (Legend of the Sword).
- Post 2 entries for Crafting the Series.
- Special project – I would say more, but it’s a secret for the moment. Just know that something exciting is coming in June and I’m excited to share it with you
- Outline a novella idea. I had started to write out an outline in April and I’m hoping to get more of it worked out this month.
ACHIEVED IN MAY
- I’m still in the process of editing Heralding. Unfortunately, I spent most of May doing a readthrough of Eléonore to catch any plot holes and make sure all’s set for the sequels. Then I managed a full readthrough of Heralding and made notes of what needs work where. So the actual edits are taking place this month and the draft for betas should be ready by July 1st.
- I didn’t finish writing that adaptation, but it really was an overambitious goal to begin with. I have maybe two chapters left on one part and then I’ll start the second. But this isn’t a priority.
- I didn’t get to outline Hollow Vows yet only because I’ve been working meticulously on Pirate Eyes. My edit was done but I’m in the midst of another read through to identify those pesky plot holes because my sister pointed out a little problem and now I’m paranoid it’s elsewhere. So we’re both going through it with a fine tooth comb and I have a few beta readers who will be giving it a fresh look as well.
- Something I succeeded at! Somewhat. I wasn’t able to stay up to date with posts on Keira, but I was able to provide daily prompts so I hope that #FictMAYhem was a success!
- I read THIRTEEN books in May! Wow! I just realized that right now 😂 I’ll do a separate post on this. But I can honestly say my favourite book was…. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff!
- I watched EIGHT movies this month, though only three were first time viewings. By far, my favourite was Pan’s Labyrinth! (Still can’t believe how long it’s taken me to watch that!
- This did not happen again but I have one almost done and it should be up next week latest 🙂
- Ah, the special project. Something my sister and I have been working on. Something coming very, VERY soon 😉
- I didn’t touch this at all, but I did write a short script that I’ll be submitting to a couple of contests so there’s a trade-off there!
- Edit HERALDING to a second draft for beta readers. As mentioned above, I really want to have this done by July 1st, because my hope is that she’ll be out by November latest! So keep your eyes open friends. Eléonore’s coming back.
- Outline Hollow Vows: At the same time, make corrections to Pirate Eyes as the edits from my sister (aka my ideal reader) and my beta readers come in. Really hoping to have this done so I can start working on the sequel in July/August.
- Write more of my fairy tale adaptation: If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed in my story that I do most of the writing for this at night, which gives me usually half an hour. Honestly, it’s a great way to unwind. The goal is to write at least four nights a week and hopefully make some headway.
- Write a Christmas musical for my Church. This will be my second time (it’s been years since the first attempt). And it will be dedicated to my dear friend ❤
- Read 5-6 books: I’ll be posting my TBR tomorrow so keep an eye out 😉
- Watch 4-5 movies: This includes WONDER WOMAN!!!, maybe Pirates of the Caribbean, and hopefully My Cousin Rachel and The Beguiled.
- Post at least one Crafting the Series post. As I mentioned above, I have one just about ready to post. But I do hope to have a second one up, time permitting!
- The SPECIAL PROJECT: stay tuned… it’s coming this month…
What were you busy with in May? What plans do you have for June? Share in the comments 🙂
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,