I’m terrible with tags. This truth has been long ago determined. I think I might have missed quite a few, truth be told, but I’m trying not to let that stand! Trying being our key word here, of course 😉
Anyways… Holly tagged me a while back for this and I’ve finally gotten around to it. The task: share 20 things about yourself. Easier said then done.
You can check out here original post here! And I recommend you just hang around her blog for a bit and discover how amazing she is!
So here goes, in reverse order, organized by like things, 20 things about me 🙂
Some of my favourite things…
20. I am big fan of seafood and fish! My mom makes a delicious meal with mussels and cream sauce that I absolutely adore! And if a restaurant is serving calamari, you can be sure some of it will end up on my plate! Fish ‘n’ chips are my usual go-to meals when I’m out as well.
19. My colour is blue. It’s been my colour for a long time. And it hasn’t changed. Just take a look at my room:
18. One of my greatest fascinations and loves is mythology. And fascination might just be a kinder word for ‘obsession’…
17. History is another one of my fascinations. I’ve studied so many periods in time, so many civilizations and each one is fascinating! I have a B.A. in History but I’m hoping to get a Masters one day! Of particular interest to me are the Tudors’ reign over Britain and les filles du roi in New France. The Enlightenment is also one of my favourite movements to study!
16. Whenever I’m sad, there are three movies I can always turn to to turn my frown upside down: Beauty and the Beast, The Princess Bride and Anastasia.
15. The ten most played songs on my iTunes are (ascending): Chandelier by Sia, Girl in the War by Josh Ritter, Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran, Medicine by Daughter, Sea of Lovers by Christina Perri, At the Beginning by Richard Marx & Donna Lewis, Take Me to Church by Hozier, The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd, Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde & Lost Stars by Adam Levine.
My Past Self…
14. wrote the script of, composed the music & lyrics for, and directed a Christmas musical, performed by the children at her Parish.
13. tried to balance on a tennis ball at the age of 6, just like an elephant at a circus, and broke her tibia.
12. once lost 16 hours of a day playing Pokemon Silver on her Gameboy. The Gameboy was laid to rest the next day.
11. then lost a good 16 hours of a day a few years later playing God. The Sims was subsequently laid to rest beside the Gameboy in the Graveyard of Gripping Games.
10. used to make fan videos on YouTube, mostly of Disney films, and wrote tons of fanfiction, also mostly of Disney films. But she wasn’t obsessed. She also lived by the Nile.
My Present Self…
9. still lives at home with her parents and sister. I am especially blessed for my sister. She’s my rock, my wisdom, my reason. She keeps me sane. She’s the reason I believe in love. I also have the four most beautiful cats. They were watching a squirrel disappear at this moment…
8. eats apple cinnamon oatmeal every morning for breakfast. And loves it!
7. is the choir director at her Parish and plays guitar there every Sunday.
6. just made the most impulsive buy of her life. EEK! More to come in a post next Monday!
5. I have my learner’s permit (and have had it for the past 8 years) but I am afraid to drive. My worse fear is that a car will be a weapon in my hand. I am frightened of its power, frightened that I could kill someone (creature or human) even accidentally. I have to get over it.
4. I am twenty-five years old and I have never been on a date. I have never had a boyfriend (unless you count the ones in my head). It’s one of those reasons why I believe I might never marry…
Okay, these are becoming a little depressing. Time for more uplifting tunes!
3. I am a loud & proud shower singer. I also love singing while I excerise, mostly show tunes that I can’t pull off at all! I’m also the person who walks down the streets of town with her headphones in and dances and sings along like no one’s watching (even though they are). This might explain point no. 4….
2. I do believe that there is more goodness in the world than not. I believe that people’s better natures will always speak out against their worst. I believe that, though we face struggles and obstacles, there is enough love in the world and that, if it came to it, we would be able to protect it from the threat of hatred, fear and oppression.
1. I figure it’s been long enough. Thanks Holly for the opportunity! This is me:
I hope I haven’t scared you away with these truths 😛
I know many of you were tagged by Holly to do this, but if you haven’t done this tag and you would like to share 20 facts about yourself, please feel free to! Just share the link in the comments so I can check it out 🙂
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,