Happy Wednesday everyone!
Hope you’re all well and enjoying this, the first day of June!
I still can’t believe that half the year has already flown by. It seems like so much has already happened, but in truth nothing has really come to pass at all!
And yet, as we stand upon the precipice of the second half of 2016, enough has transpired (and changed) to inspire me to present for your observation, a report not only of the year so far, but of the way the rest of it is shaping up as well!
2016 So Far:
According to my original goal layout
- Blogging Habits: FAIL! – not the nicest way to put it, but the honest truth 😛 In my quest to fulfill other necessary successes, I’ve let my blog slip out of control. I’m disappointed in myself. I really wanted this blog to be somewhere special where I could draw people in and share stories and ideas. I’ll have to apologize to my faithful readers for the slack.
- Reading Aspirations: PASS! – Something I feel rather proud of. Coming into June, I find myself ahead of schedule, with a grand total of 54 books read and the chance of having two more completed by the end of the week! So yay!
- Travel Dreams: N/A – My original goal was to fly for the first time. This hasn’t happened yet, but I wasn’t expecting that it would. The planned flight is for October. So there’s still hope for this one.
- Film Fantasies: N/A – I’m not going to be harsh on myself or present a pessimistic view on this goal that I set out with the knowledge that it would be the least likely accomplished. Since January, my goals have changed drastically (more on that below). But I won’t discount it anyway.
- Publication Pursuit:
N/A– FAIL!– N/A – Ergh! What to do with this one! By all accounts, I haven’t published yet, so I should mark it as a fail. But by the same token, I hadn’t really expected to be published by June. The problem is that I’m starting to think I might not get it done by the end of the year. I can feel the doubt creeping in, that emotion that tells me Pirate Eyes isn’t ready. That I should hold on another year. And I don’t know if that’s me lacking confidence, or me being honest with myself….
What I’m Up to Now
- Surviving the heat of a non-A/C house in 32ºC weather – and the weather is cooling, so the worst should be over now. And June 8th is just a week away 😀
- Pirate Eyes Progress: Out of my hands. My sister’s going to get back to me by the end of June. And then we’ll see where my baby will go!
- Primary Focus: At the moment, I’m editing through my first draft of a dark screenplay adaptation of a beloved fairy tale. I’ll leave it at that for now — I like my secretiveness too much — but I’ll expand more once I have a decent draft going.
2016 to Come
What are my amended goals:
- Publish my first book: I’m going to leave it open like that! My plans with Pirate Eyes are not to necessarily self-publish. I’m going to try the query route to start and see if that leads to anything. I do have my 2015 NaNoWriMo novel Heritage which I’m planning to do an edit of this June and hopefully have a final draft of by September. If I can accomplish this, I might just self-publish it.
- Sell my first screenplay: That dark screenplay adaptation I was telling you about, well, my ultimate goal for it is to option it to a production company. The final draft should be done by the end of June. I’m also hoping to submit it to a few contests before the end of the year and see where that goes.
- Offer editing services: Okay, so this is a big one I’ve been holding close to my chest, but I’m looking to break into freelance editing and I’m hoping to have a site set up for it by the end of the year. I’m anticipating a lot of work, but I want to devote my life to the written word.
- Blog Habits: I’m hoping to reinstate This Week in Review posts on Monday, recapping the week before. WWW Wednesday posts are working well so far, so that should be a continued certainty. I’m also hoping to try to post at least one short story every two weeks. And in July, I have plans for a new post series. I won’t say more about it until I set logistics, but look for more info coming later in the month.
- Travel Abroad: I’m going to keep this goal as is. October. My sister and I. England and Scotland! And maybe Ireland. Oh, why not Wales as well 😉
Well, that’s my report for this halfway mark of 2016. Thanks for stopping by and for your continued support.
In the past half year I’ve also passed 100 followers on my blog. I hope to keep growing and reach 200 by the end. But that’s not a goal. It’s only a wish 🙂
Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement. You are true gems and I am blessed to know you ❤
How has your year been so far? Have you met your goals yet? Do you have any aspirations for the rest of the year? I’d love to hear about it 🙂
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,