I’ve been a little overwhelmed with work and beta-reading and writing these days, but I wanted to post something today. Luckily, Claire at Art and Soul tagged me to do this fun little activity! She has an amazing blog and you should definitely check out her writing, book reviews and recipes!
THE RULES: are simple! Put your music on shuffle and list the first 15 songs to play (no cheating) then tag 10 others to do it as well.
Since today’s the Day of the Divided Draft, I’ll keep my focus on the playlist I use to inspire me when I’m writing. Here goes!
- Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters and Men: one of my favourite songs off their new album, this is constantly playing when I’m writing epic scenes of Divided Draft.
- O Children by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds: One of my favourite bands and one of my favourite songs! So profoundly moving! It is one of my inspiring tracks.
- Theme from Black Sails by Bear McCreary: I adore the soundtrack from this TV series. Actually, anything Bear McCreary touches is gold in my eyes 🙂 Considering that I’m working on a pirate novel, this is the perfect ambient sound to get me writing!
- Chevaliers de Sangreal by Hans Zimmer: Musical scores are abundant on my iPod. While the Da Vinci Code is not my favourite movie, this beautiful piece of music is one of my favourite pieces of Zimmer’s. The gradual build-up always manages to help my creativity soar in time.
- This Time I Won’t Forget by Kongos: Kongos’ album Lunatic is such a brilliant collection of fresh sounds. One of those albums that I love to listen to on repeat. This song is perfect as it invokes Celtic reminiscence.
- At the Beginning by Donna Lewis and Richard Marx: Anastasia is at the top of my favourite animated non-Disney films. Whenever this song plays, I get all nostalgic. What more, it fits seamlessly with a pairing in one of my fantasy series 😉
- Time by Hans Zimmer: Inception is one of those films that leaves your head spinning years after you’ve watched it. The score that Zimmer created for it is just as dizzying. This piece is just magical, though very reminiscent of Chevaliers (see #4). The soft entrance that build to an orchestral peak. Creative bliss!
- Breath of Life by Florence + the Machine: Florence is my idol! I have all her albums, all her songs. I just adore her music, her sound, her voice! This isn’t my favourite song, but that’s like saying that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isn’t my favourite book in the series. Still amazing!
- Hero Heroine by Boys Like Girls: I used to be obsessed with Boys Like Girls. They were the opening act when I went to see Hedley in concert and the next morning I had downloaded all of their eponymous album — I think I just found my Wordly Wise Wednesday inspiration for next week. This song is still one of my favourites, and in another life I made an OTP video to it for Evie and Rick from the Mummy. 😉
- All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran: my Mom bought me X (deluxe edition) last Christmas and I adore it a bit too much. This is such a gorgeous song. I know that it’s from The Fault in our Stars but I haven’t watched it. All I know is that this song makes me sappy.
- Flaws by Bastille: Oh, this song! When I hear it, I think of Sean. Every time I write from his POV, this is one of the songs that plays to inspire me through.
- Ghosttown by Madonna: I don’t have many Madonna songs on my iPod. The only other one is Like a Prayer. This song has grown on me and it earned a place on my playlist as it well-suited a scene that I was writing the other day.
- Rivers and Roads by the Head and the Heart: This song always manages to inspire me. I enjoy most of the songs off their debut album. This one always makes me one to take a road trip and just drive until I reach the World’s End.
- Pompeii by Bastille: Whenever this song plays, I just want to get up on my feet and dance. It’s such a great piece. I guess you can tell I kind of love this band as it’s the second one of theirs on this list 😉
- Into the Open Air by Julie Fowlis: I don’t know where to start on this song. The Celtic tune, the profound lyrics that resonate so well in describing the father-daughter relationship shared by Sean and Keira. Also, Brave is such a beautiful film and Merida such an empowered heroine. Always manages to give me chills 🙂
I guess that’s it! I know most bloggers I follow have been tagged, but if you’ve been missed & would enjoy doing this sort of thing, please do.
Remember to check out Claire’s amazing blog at Art and Soul 🙂
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,
7 thoughts on “The Playlist Shuffle Tag | Divided Draft Edition”
I’m so glad you could do this tag! And thank you for the kind mentions 🙂
I like Hans Zimmer’s soundtracks very much. Since Inception I’ve heard so many other film scores which have tried to imitate his sound.
I loved a peek into your playlist! It was nice to
See Bastille and Nick Cave in there! You listen to a great mix of music and love learning more about you 🙂
Bear McCreary is phenomenal with everything he does. His theme for DaVinci’s Demons is remarkable! Also, love everything from Outlander as well. Gosh he’s good 😀
Great playlist. So glad you shared it with us! Have a great weekend 🙂
Oh gosh… Mine would be so bad on this… I share an iPod with all of my siblings.
Okay, you convinced me.
Infidel- Five for Fighting (wow. I’ve never even listened to that)
The Adventures of Tintin- John Williams
Track 7- ESTEP
We give you thanks- Paul Wilbur
Make a better world- Blind boys of Alabama
Go in peace- Moshav band
Hora staccato- (no clue)
Waitin for the train to come in- Peggy Lee
Psalm 126- Brayden and Tali Waller
One Desire- Kari Jobe
Live like a warrior- Matisyahu
We will glorify- Cedarmont Kids
I surrender- Paper Crowns
Unpack your adjectives- Schoolhouse Rock
Wellll then. *confident nod*
Interesting songs. I don’t think I’ve really listened to any of those but it looks like I’m going to soon! 🙂
How have I NOT heard of a tv show about pirates called Black Sails!!! I’m going to find this and watch it!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love the movie Inception. Time to go listen to that soundtrack too. I own at least one of the Pirates of the Carribean soundtracks which is amazing. I should buy the others. I think we also own the LOTR 1 Soundtrack and Chronicles of Narnia one. I also love Ed Sheeran and have his CD :)) Interesting CD very chill. Interesting that one of his songs is on this list
LikeLiked by 1 person