Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did! The perfect conclusion to a perfect week…
WHAT I READ:
This week, I finished reading two books:
1. The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart. The third in a series that retells the story of the infamous wizard, Merlin. The entire series has been a delight to read, and I’ll be posting a larger review tomorrow for sure. In the meantime, I’ll say this: if you’re looking for a unique take on the Arthurian legend, look no further.
2. Matters of Hart by Marianne Ackerman. A novel I picked up at the book fair a few years back for 3.00, I decided to finally try it. It was definitely an intriguing read, though not my favourite. A review will follow soon.
I’m also starting to read KJ Chapman’s EVO Nation. So far. So brilliant. Not surprising. She’s super talented and you SHOULD and can check her out here 🙂
WHAT I WATCHED:
My viewings this week were definitely less than the one before. But I still got in a few movies / tv shows:
- The Young Victoria dir. by Jean-Marc Vallée. My third viewing, but I loved it just as much 🙂 Such a fantastic performance by Emily Blunt in the role of Victoria. And Rupert Friend as Albert is just perfection! Visually, it is simply stunning. And the music is inspirational and evocative. A true gem of a movie. If you haven’t watched it, I recommend that you do.
- New Girl: Season 5, episode 1. I have sorely missed this show. It’s a little pleasure of mine. I just love the dynamic of the roommates. When I’m down, I can always count on an episode to make me smile. The return of this charming show definitely hit the mark!
- The Golden Globes. I never used to be the kind of person who would watch these shows, but that changed in the past four years. I really wish I hadn’t stayed up to watch last night. And that’s enough said about that.
WHAT I LISTENED TO:
After watching The Young Victoria, I went on a binge listening of the score and Sinead O’Connor’s Only You. The romantic in me can’t help but conjure images of dancing with my one true love while I do–whoever he is 😉
Besides that, I’ve been devouring David Bowie all morning after hearing about his tragic death. What a true musician & artist. A talent that will be sorely missed.
That’s all for this week. What had your attention this week? Any good books? Thrilling movies? Inspiring songs?
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,