Hello again 🙂
It seems fitting that with the end of a year, I don’t only reminisce on what’s been and done but ruminate on what will be. A daunting task, I’m ready to set my bar high, I’m ready to layer on the pressure, I’m ready to hold myself accountable to me. I’m also ready to reach the end of 2016 and know that I didn’t accomplish everything I set out to. Such is life.
For now I will conceive of my goals, believe that I can accomplish them and by the grace of God I will achieve them!
Goals for 2016:
- Blog Worthy Goals: The past few months on my blog have been a learning curving for me and while I haven’t gotten everything nailed down yet, I’m ready to test the waters and see what works. With that in mind, this is my planned schedule for my blog
- Mondays: This Week in Review. I enjoyed doing it in the past, and it will be a fun way to keep engaging people with my newest experiences in books, movies/tv shows, music, etc. If something inspired me, it will find its way here. If I made progress with writing, you guessed it, here it will be. Some exceptions might follow: a book I particularly loved will get its own review post, anything related to the Divided Draft will have its own post series. More on that in a second.
- Wednesdays: Wordly Wise Wednesday: I don’t know if any of you ever delighted in Wordly Wise in high school. If you haven’t, you missed out on a great experience. Every year we got a new wordly wise workbook for our English classes, which we used on a weekly basis to learn new vocabulary. This truly began my love of Etymology (the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history) and now I wish to share it in turn. Every Wednesday, I’ll be posting a new word with definitions, synonyms, etc. An added bonus, I’ll be writing a short short story (100-300 words) with each new word.
- Thursdays: Day of the Divided Draft (working title): Posts on these days will be dedicated to the overall progress made with my novel over the course of the previous week. Who knows what that will mean: writing, editing, revising, publishing…the possibilities are endless!
- Fridays: Faith’s Friday Fiction: December was a challenge with posting a short everyday, but it was also a rewarding experience and I would love to continue sharing stories with you as I work towards publishing my first novel. And so, every Friday I’ll post a story for your enjoyment…and mine!
- Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays remain open. Some weeks I might post reviews or insights that I want to share, but mostly these days will be my writing days, devoted to my novel and other works in progress.
- Read 100 Books: This might seem like a big goal, but I know that I can do it! And I will. If not, my bookshelf might just swallow me whole. *gulps*
- Take an airplane for the first time: I have never flown before, but I desperately want to. I wish to travel to Europe and see places that I’ve only read about or seen in movies. I want to be inspired by new places. 2016: I’m coming world, watch out!
- Make a movie. This is a big one, and one that’s more of a dream-goal than a real goal. That’s not saying that it won’t happen, just that I won’t be bothered if it doesn’t.
- Publish my first book (aka The Divided Draft): this is a must. No ifs. No ands. No buts. 2016 will be the debut year for Faith Rivens, writer.
Once more, blessings to you and your family in the New Year. I wish you all the best. And don’t forget your ladder while you’re reaching for the stars.
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,