That is the question.
There is a constant struggle I face in life, that is the choice of which book to read after one is done (honestly, it’s a good struggle to have when you consider the problems people have to deal with). I have a whole bookcase in my room dedicated to books that I haven’t read yet.
(it’s the one on your left)
My usual process of choosing goes is on a shelf by shelf basis (which is organized alphabetically by author). So my decision is always limited to whatever books are on that shelf. When I hit the bottom, I jump to the top again (it helps to maximize space).
This is the shelf that I get to choose from next!
(the top one)
I’m nearly done Maurice Druon’s She-Wolf, and I have some idea of which books I’d consider reading next of all the potentials.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Galbraith – the first in the Cormoran Strike series of detective novels penned under an alias (J.K. Rowling once again concealing the fact that she is woman)
- North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell – I’ve watched the miniseries with Daniela Denby-Ashe and Richard Armitage, but I haven’t yet had the joy of reading the classic!
- The Gospel of Loki – Joanne Harris – an epic fantasy novel about the rise and fall of Norse gods
- The Book of Negroes – Lawerence Hill – the epic story of a girl taken from her home in Africa and enslaved in America and her journey towards freedom
- The Assassin’s Quest – Robin Hobb – the last in the Farseer Triology, a truly top-notch epic fantasy
Those are the ones I’m most interested in. But you see, I hate making decisions.. They stress me so much! So, I’m asking you to make this one for me!
Let me know in the comments what your choice would be. 🙂 And let me know what you’re reading right now. I love new recommendations, no matter how many books I still have to read. More is sometimes better!
May inspiration flow like ink upon your quill,